29 Oct How Can I Get a Canadian Work Visa from India?
As one of the world’s leading economies, Canada has become an excellent destination for people who are looking to work abroad. Currently, Canada has the most extensive immigration system with a maximum number of immigration routes that make up more than 100 economic programs. This has created some significant avenues for working class people and thus resulted in the rise of Canadian work permit.
If you also want to work and settle in Canada then you must have asked yourself the question “how can I get a Canadian work permit from India?” Today we will provide answer to this question so you can know what you need to do for getting a Canadian work visa.
We will tell you all about Canadian work permit from India and how to get it. But before that, let’s talk about why get a Canadian work visa?
Why You Need a Canadian Work Visa?
Canadian work visa or permit allows every type of people whether business persons who want to be permanent employees, temporary workers, students, and others to work in Canada. If we talk about Indians, the work permit allows Indian passport holders to live and work in Canada for a specified period under certain conditions. Applicants generally need to submit a job offer to apply for a work permit visa or getting a Canadian work visa and thereby can choose to apply online or offline (on paper) depending on their needs and preferences. Due to the specific program, applicants must submit the application form along with certain documents.
Do you know? Between January and April 2020, Canada issued just over 33,000 work permits under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). The five countries with the most permits are Mexico, Jamaica, India, Guatemala, and the Philippines. More than 76,000 work permits have been issued under the International Mobility Program (IMP), out of which 27,000 visas are issued to Indian citizens.
Different Types of Work Permit
There are two types of work permits given by Canadian authorities- Open work permit and an Employer-specific work permit.
Open work permit: It allows you to work for any employer. This visa is not for a specific job, so applicants do not need the Labor market impact assessment (LMIA) or an offer letter from an employer who has paid the compliance fee. With an open work permit, you can work for any employer in Canada, except for companies that do not meet labor law requirements or offer services such as escort service, erotic massages, etc.
The employer-specific work permit: As the name suggests, it is the kind of permit that allows you to work for a specific employer.
While the employer-specific work permit applies to only one employer, the open work permit may have certain conditions attached to it, which are stated on it. You can apply for the work permit that suits your needs.
Eligibility You need to Adhere to Get Your Canada Work Permit
To apply for a Canadian work visa from India, you must meet specific requirements that suits Canadian work permit requirements:
- Provide evidence to an officer that you will be moving out of Canada after your work permit expires in Canada.
- Have no criminal activity history and provide a police clearance certificate as proof so it does not pose a threat on the safety of the respective country.
- Must be in good health and undergo a medical examination if necessary.
- You have no plans to work for an employer listed as not approved by the government for failing to meet certain conditions.
- You must be ready to provide all documents required by officials to qualify your entry into Canada.
Documents Required to Apply for a Canadian work permit from India
- A valid passport is valid for more than six months from the expected date of arrival in Canada.
- Two recent passport photos
- Education certificates
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience
- Warranty of sufficient funds to cover expenses during your stay in Canada
- A medical examination is required at registered hospitals.
- Application fee.
Note: Applicants must also convince immigration authorities that they will return to their home country when their employment relationship ends.
How to Apply for Canadian work permit from India
Anyone wishing to obtain a Canadian work Visa from India can apply online or through using the paper application. Follow the steps below to apply for a work permit in Canada.
- Go to the official website of the Government of Canada.
- Create an account or log into your existing account.
- Under Immigration & Citizenship, select job option.
- Select the appropriate type of employee and your country of origin.
- Submit the application form after completing it.
- Upload your documents and pay your visa fees online.
- Make an appointment at the Canada Visa Application Center (VAC)
- Click in your image and enter your biometric data in the VAC.
- Go to the visa interview when requested.
Once you complete your application form, wait for the approval letter. Successful applicants will receive the approval / authorization letter from the Canadian Embassy or consulate.
There are many other things to take care before moving to Canada for work, but with the help of an immigration consultant you can understand things clearly and in a better way. This in itself is a reason enough for many people to ask for help from an immigration consultant like Immivoyage consultants.
As one of the prestigious immigration consultants and visa consultants, we will help you apply for a Canadian work permit from India by personally handling the complicated process on your behalf and accompanying you every step of the way.
Deyasini Das- a content writer, speaker, fitness enthusiast, and artist. When she’s not writing you will find her dancing, hitting the gym, making reels, or always around dogs. She started writing from her school about fashion and over the years graduated to articles, blogs, and website content.