23 Feb How to get a work visa for the UK from India?
There are a number of people who wish to go to the UK every year for a work visa. Are you one of them? But not aware of how to get a work visa for the UK from India? Don’t worry. You have come to the right place. Today in this article we will be talking about all the related aspects about UK work visas.
Most of the work-based categories are a part of the UK’s Point Based System (PBS) for immigration since 2008. Each category has its own aim, eligibility, and requirements. The PBS has come to the picture to help the UK to handle its migration program more constructively and to attract talented workers.
The work visas are divided into the following subcategories in the below segment:
Tier 1 Visa- Highly Skilled Workers
This category is especially for those who are exceptionally skilled and talented workers who want to come and live in the UK regardless of any job offer or sponsorship from any company. The entrepreneurs, investors, post-graduates in the UK are considered as the high skilled workers. And the categories that follow under this tier are :
- Global Talent Visa
- Innovator Visa
- Entrepreneur Visa
- High Skilled Migrant Programme(HSMP)
Tier 2 Visa-Work Permit for Skilled Workers
Those who have a job offer or sponsorship in the UK like doctors, engineers, social workers, accountants, etc. are willing to get a work permit visa. The category that follows under this tier is:
- Skilled Worker Visa(Minister of religion, sportsperson, intracompany transfer)
Tier 5 Visa- Temporary Workers
This category of the PBS(Point Based System) is created to allow temporary workers to come to the UK for short and long-term work. In this scheme, the applicant is required to have sponsorship or be a participant in the youth mobility scheme. The temporary workers like Religious, Charity, International Agreement, Youth Mobility Scheme comes under this category.
Applicants can go and work as domestic workers too, as overseas job consultants, UK visa consultants, overseas newspaper representatives, news agencies, etc. there are few subcategories that fall under this category mentioned below:
- Ancestry Visa: If the grandparents were born in Uk then the applicant gets the chance to come and live in the Uk with Ancestry Visa without any restrictions.
- Tier 2 (ICT) Visa: This category is for those applicants who are employees of a multinational company, who are being transferred by their overseas employer to the UK branch.
- Tier 5(Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa: Tier 5(YMS) gives an incredible opportunity to the young applicants to visit the UK by participating in the youth mobility scheme.
Now, you might be curious to know the documents, processing time about the work visa. Everything is discussed in the upcoming section.
How to get a work visa for the UK from India Documents
All the applicants applying for the UK work visa should carry the following mentioned documents with them at the centers for verification:
- Passport valid for at least 180 days with two blank pages.
- Visa fee.
- Two recent photographs(50mm*50mm).
- Printed and signed Application form.
- Duly filled Employemnet Undertaking and additional form.
- Copy of an employment contract signed by both parties.
- Copy of the Registration of the Company in India offering Employment.
How to get a work visa for the UK from India Processing Time
For the business visit, the processing time is within 15 days. And for the PBS or Point-Based Visa, the processing time is 10 to 15 days.! Till then the applicant needs to patiently wait for their visa, otherwise, they can go for the SET using which you will get the response in just five working days. But for this process, you need to pay extra fees with visa fees of Â£400 per person and fill the form and provide the Biometric information.
In the end, we can say that with the right information given above, you must know now how to get a work visa for the UK from India.! Keeping in mind the eligibility, documents, and the processing time, go for it and grab the great opportunity for your career and make most out of it.!
Hope this is of some help to you.!
Deyasini Das- a content writer, speaker, fitness enthusiast, and artist. When she’s not writing you will find her dancing, hitting the gym, making reels, or always around dogs. She started writing from her school about fashion and over the years graduated to articles, blogs, and website content.